Pagina di evento
Venice International Performance Art Week
Strada Nova 3659, 30121 Venezia
Open Call for Artists
Venice International Performance Art Week 2017
«CO-CREATION LIVE FACTORY Prologue 1»
The new project of the Venice International Performance Art Week
«CO-CREATION LIVE FACTORY Prologue 1»
Palazzo Mora & Palazzo Michiel, Venice (IT)
December 7 — 16, 2017
(Open to the public on the days 15 — 16 December 2017)
With a new project under the title «CO-CREATION LIVE FACTORY Prologue 1,» the VENICE INTERNATIONAL PERFORMANCE ART WEEK heads into a new direction. Founded on the principles of artistic collaboration, cooperation and temporary artistic community, «CO-CREATION LIVE FACTORY Prologue 1» is born to be an artistic experience of a different kind:
The concept developed out of the Venice International Performance Art Week's core mission and its Educational Learning Program. The aim is to empower participating artists who are selected through an Open Call, to articulate and develop their individual praxis within an independent temporary autonomous zone of co-creation under the tuition of established performance artists.
The project is intended for those artists, performers, visionary poets, who wish to articulate and refine their skills, expand their practice, exploring new ideas and approaches, allowing their work to become more fully realised. It offers a rare opportunity to explore new territories of performance in an extended, intensive period of time outside of an academic setting. It is both a learning path and a unique occasion to work and collaborate together in the ART WEEK venue Palazzo Mora in Venice, while strengthening the creative talent and intellectual freedom of each participant.
«CO-CREATION LIVE FACTORY Prologue 1» consists of:
• 10 days of intensive co-creation workshop processes for international artists in tutor groups led by the artists Andrigo & Aliprandi (Italy), Marilyn Arsem (US) and artist duo VestAndPage (Venice/Germany). The selected artists will work in one tutor group during the entire process. Places per tutor group are limited to a maximum of 15.
• Morning lectures by Robin Deacon (Artist, Chicago), Elisabetta di Mambro (Artistic director and producer, Venice), Jill McDermid & Erik Hokanson (Artists and directors, New York); Preach R Sun (Artist, US), Francesca Carol Rolla (Curator, Venice) and Marcel Sparmann (Artist, Germany).
• Theoretical discussions on specific topics structured in the form of roundtables and open dialogues.
• Exhibition section displaying performance pedagogical material.
• Two evenings of official, public performances on December 15 and 16, 2017 at the ART WEEK venue Palazzo Mora, Venice. The culmination of the 10 days co-creation process will be open to the audience: we will transform the venue together into a dynamic performance site through a series of collective performance operas, as well as collaborative and solo performances.
Fee: 600,- €
The fee includes (during the period of the project):
• Tuition, lectures and talks;
• Accommodation in shared rooms in 3*** or 4**** hotels or shared apartments in Venice-Mestre;
• 3 meals a day;
• Venice City tourist tax;
• Local transport from the accommodation to Piazzale Roma, which is just 10 minutes away from the venue on foot.
Applications are now accepted on a rolling basis until October 30, 2017. Since applications are processed as they come in, available limited spots can fill up quickly.
To apply, please fill in the online form on goo.gl/6gtB4A, and choose your tutor group according to your preference. (Extensive information on the artists and workshops on veniceperformanceart.org).
The VENICE INTERNATIONAL PERFORMANCE ART WEEK provides letters of support to selected participants to request grants or support from institutions of reference in order to sustain travel costs and/or fees.
The VENICE INTERNATIONAL PERFORMANCE ART WEEK and its tutors will award three tuition-free places to selected participants.
More information on veniceperformanceart.org.
For questions please write to [email protected]